Eli Benjamin Golfer
Dickerson, Maryland 20842
Dates Employed: August 2009 – Present
• Perform in the lead environmental role for the Montgomery County Resource Recovery Facility and Montgomery County Solid Waste Transfer Station.
• Manage all environmental programs, regulatory reporting, and functions as the government liaison with a record of zero fines or violations.
• Ensure continued compliance with federal and state environmental laws including the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule, and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
• Develop, implement, and administer environmental awareness, compliance, and emergency response training to all employees including Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC) and Stormwater Management Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP).
• Work closely with regional and corporate staff on Corporate Clean World and Sustainability Initiatives.
• Chaired the Learning Network as a Charter Member of the Stewardship Action Council and currently manage social media outreach and communications.
Rockville, Maryland 20855
Dates Employed: August 2008 – August 2009
• Environmental Management System Analyst for a building materials company that specializes in ready-mix concrete and asphalt as well as stone, sand, and gravel mining.
• Managed the company wide Environmental Management System which ensured company compliance with federal, state, and local laws and continued ISO 14001:2006 certification.
• Maintained the Environmental and Geology departments’ budgets and established cost savings through the elimination of consulting fees by completing work in-house.
• Conducted site comprehensive compliance audits and inspections of all facilities including ready-mix and concrete plants, sand and gravel mines, and stone quarries.
• Completed and managed the process of permit applications for new permits and permit modifications.
• Developed and implemented Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plans (SPCC) and Stormwater Management Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) for various operations.
• Trained employees on corporate and site-specific procedures including pollution prevention, spill response and remediation, water quality monitoring and protection and energy reduction measures.
• Designed and published a user manual for the ISO14001:2006 Environmental Management System software for use by regional and site staff.
City of Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878
Dates Employed: April 2006 – August 2008
• Environmental Specialist for the City, responsible for managing the City’s compliance with federal and state laws including the Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act.
• Managed Phase I and Phase II Environmental Assessment for the reclamation of a NIKE Missile site.
• Conducted and managed the City’s first annual Greenhouse Gas emissions inventory.
• Developed a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan for the City's Public Works Facility, trained the staff on spill prevention and response, and developed the annual stormwater report as part of the implementation of the National Pollution Discharge (NPDES) Phase II permit requirements.
• Developed an Environmental Management System (EMS) for the City’s Public Works facility.
• Worked with developers towards approval of natural resource inventories, forest and wetlands delineations, forest conservation plans, invasive species management plans, and wildlife management plans.
• Organized and directed environmental education and cleanup projects and community outreach programs with students and the public.
• Functioned as the City’s liaison to the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments on the Sustainability and Watershed Protection committees.
Germantown, Maryland 20874
Dates Employed: September 2004 – April 2006
• Environmental Specialist for a land-use planning firm, responsible for ensuring that development is in accordance with all state and local laws.
• Wrote project proposals, managed contracts and budgets, and performed project work including natural resource inventories, specimen tree surveys, forest and wetlands delineations, and forest conservation plans.
• Developed forest conservation and natural resource inventory plans as well as forest enhancement and invasive species management plans for proposed development projects.
• Drafted and submitted Notices of Intents for stormwater outfalls and filed and obtained permits under the Clean Water Act for impacts to wetlands, streams, and floodplains.
University of Maryland University College Graduate School of Management and Technology,
College Park, Maryland 20742
Major: Environmental Management
Degree: Master of Science, December 2007
University of Maryland,
College Park, Maryland 20742
Major: Natural Resources Management
Degree: Bachelor of Science, December 2002
JOB-RELATED CERTIFICATES & SKILLS:
Proficient in computer applications software: Arc View GIS, AutoCAD, MS Office Suite, Adobe Products, Environmental Management System, IHS Environmental Management Information Systems, and Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS), Sharepoint 2007
Radiation Safety Officer Certified
ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems Lead Auditor Certified
State of Maryland Waterworks and Water Systems Operator (1)
Clean Water Act, Section 404 Wetlands Certified
Maryland Department of Natural Resources Qualified Forestry Professional
OSHA-Certified Confined Space Entry
Maryland Boater Safety Certificate
HONORS, AWARDS, & ORGANIZATIONS:
Bassfury Fishing Pro-Team, 2008 – Present
Warrior Baits Fishing Pro-Team 2008 – Present
Maryland State Freshwater Fishing Citation, Largemouth Bass 2007
Ice Pack Hockey League, Rockville, Maryland 2006 – Present
Fish On Bass Association, Gaithersburg, Maryland 2004 – Present
University of Maryland Roller Hockey Team, Assistant Captain 1998 – 2002
Wootton High School Ice Hockey Club, Assistant Captain 1994 - 1998
References Available Upon Request